I keep hearing a lot of people saying crap like how scientific research in the paranormal is a waste of time because they believe we will never find the answers with science. Well I say road apples! To them I would quote Dr. William James, M.D.
“In order to disprove the law that all crows are black, it is enough to find one
And this is what I and the research associates at the SPIRIT LAB seek:
The White Crow.
And no, I am not talking about a cheap bottle of whiskey either.
In the last ten years, we have made a few startling discoveries. So, how much of the puzzle do we really have? Here is a list of things I have compiled after thirty years of searching for the "white Crow", and ten years of intense research with fellow researchers into just what the cause of EVP really is. This of course led to many other discoveries.
During a paranormal event, we have confirmed:
- Electromagnetic field energy increases, or spikes during an event.
- This energy often fluctuates at specific frequencies; these frequencies tend to be low, in the brainwave spectrum, and are often in the audio spectrum and excite the microphone coils and magnetic tape of local recording devices, resulting in a type of voice phenomena being recorded, or an Electronic Voice Phenomenon.
- The low frequency EMFs are emerging phenomena, meaning that they emerge into our universe at an extremely localized spot in a structure, or area of perceived activity.
- An amorphous shaped area of extreme temperature differentiation, more commonly lower than the ambient temperature, but occasionally a higher temperature, is experienced.
- A slight decrease in atmospheric pressure. This can be from 1 to 5 millibars (100 to 500 pascals).
- Ion levels increase, most often the negative ion count, which generally increases by 3 or 4 thousand ions/CM³, but can increase a lot more. We also know, on occasion, the positive count increases, but generally to a lesser extent.
- Magnetic fields increase, sometimes significantly.
- Background noise levels increase all across the spectrum, from audio to light.
- Static field strength increases in the negative range, usually 500 to 2000 volts.
- Air conductivity increases. We are not sure yet as to the frequency or fluctuation of thisevent, only that it does.
- If we artificially inject energy (with a Tesla coil or even a Van De Graaff generator) into the environment during an event the activity increases rather dramatically.
- Activity increases when there is increased activity in the earth’s magnetic fields.
- There is increased activity when the sun is more active.
- On occasion paranormal activity has interrupted power to certain devices or lights.
- There are bursts of Gamma radiation as high as 350 mR/hr. This in turn creates the dramatic increases in the ion count. Gamma radiation ionizes air molecules.
- Gravity fluctuates along three different axes. (Pronounced AksSees)
- Time slips occur, meaning time speeds up, or slows down.
- Bursts of ultraviolet light occur, often quite bright, near 30 lumins.
- Relative humidity falls in what we have called “the paranormal event horizon”.
- Plasma is formed by the events that unfold. This plasma is called cold plasma, and it is held stable by an associated magnetic or low frequency electromagnetic field. This plasma balls make an audible pop or snap when they arc to ground. They are not often visible by the naked eye, but tend to manifest in the near ultraviolet spectrum of light. These plasma balls can cause incredible personal experiences, such as hair standing on end, emotional stimulation, and even a mild shock.
Essentially, these are symptoms of only one thing theorized in physics; an Einstein-Rosen bridge. Or as Kip thorn would say….a “wormhole”.
So, in reality, we know a lot. But there are many things we don’t know. For example, what is the correlation between humidity and atmospheric conductivity during an event? Because a reduction in humidity usually translates into a reduction of atmospheric conductivity, we have a mystery. EVP and EMF are propagating in the air, even though they need no medium to propagate. Static electricity however is potential. The potential builds during the event. Could this be due to the decrease in humidity? We think so, but need more data to prove it. Do the electromagnetic field fluctuations generate in the light frequency spectrum, or are they a byproduct of the phenomena? Is atmospheric conductivity fluctuation simplistic or complex in nature? What causes the decrease in atmospheric pressure? Could it be a pressure differential between our world or locale and the conditions within the wormhole? We propose it is. In all of these instances, are these the conditions that enable the event, or are these byproducts of the event? We postulate that it is a byproduct of the event. There are still so many questions and so few answers, and yet I reiterate, we do know a lot.
We know that paranormal phenomena have a measurable effect across many aspects of the environment. We know there is a clear relationship to the level of activity and energy available in the environment. We know there is a relationship between magnetic, electromagnetic, electrical, and radiation with the paranormal.
And these are just the generalities. There are specific phenomena, such as lights, fogs, materializations, noises, EVPs, objects moving, and in some cases extreme physical and psychological interactions. There are touches, smells, feelings, and other activities that occur, with no apparent rational explanation.
This is probably why I have stuck with this field since 1976. There is always something new to look at because the areas affected are wide and diverse in nature.
There are new directions now to explore. There have been significant strides made recently in the area of bio-electromagnetic field research; in depth analysis of human biofields, something that was fantasy five years ago; a relationship has been established between alpha brain waves and consciousness.
The study of what occurs in psychic’s and mediums brains during psychical activity using EEG and fMRI is being undertaken. Measurement of environmental effects and alterations during psychical have been documented and correlated with actual reception of information, and the list grows daily.
Many of you here are experimenting with your own adventures into the paranormal.
Since I have a little experience in this area, I am very curious about the results and success level of your work, as well as the potential tie in to my own research. And some of you are actually replicating some of my research, and reaching similar findings.
I have been overwhelmed with your replies as well as your participation in this group. To me it reflects on the warmth and compassion that each of you feel for the field in general, both the physical and yes, even the metaphysical.
Many of you have shared personal experiences with me and for that I say thank you. I always love hearing about people’s experiences. Additionally, I believe that many of you offer me insight into my own work, and in return, I am in some small way participating in yours. We are exchanging knowledge and ideas in a positive manner. So in a way, we have paranormal unity…
The point I am trying to make is that we ALL have a contribution to make, whether we are of a scientific or spiritual nature, right brained or left, technical or artistic. And we should strive to make that contribution impeccably.
We all need to pick a direction and refine the knowledge we now know in each of our respected areas, and share it. The road I am currently on is changing daily; what began as a “three hour cruise” into the source of EVP and what the heck it actually was, has morphed into a Mutiverse Theory, a Wormhole Theory, a potential testing process for psychic/medium claims, and with that a potential path to certification for psychics and mediums, and inevitably, the Grand Theory of Everything paranormal. All of these areas are thoroughly entangled and interact on each other, so the relationship is key to understanding a lot of what is going on in both human behavior, the consciousness and paranormal activity. It will most likely lead to an explanation of a lot of what is experienced in an event we refer to as a “haunting”. It may also debunk a significant amount of activity with a scientific explanation. It may also open new doors of research into something inside us and outside of us that is completely without a knowable comprehension. We do not know where the path will lead, because we are blazing the trail where no other has gone.
We cannot be afraid to seek the answers. We may find that everything is caused by something completely natural; on the other hand, that something may be the survival of the consciousness after death, and I mean PROOF of that survival. The important thing is to learn everything you can about the nature of the phenomena, whether it is mind over matter, or things that go bump in the night. Only then can we begin to form educated conclusions, properly collect and analyze data and determine new directions to follow. And we must make the path, for as it is said, “it is better to light one candle, than to curse the darkness…..”
Thank you for being my colleagues and more important, my friends.
Follow David Rountree: http://www.spinvestigations.org/David_Rountree.html
Follow Spirit Organization: http://www.spinvestigations.org/